Michael J Larson MD
Michael J Larson MD
Upper Valley Orthopedics
360 E Main
Rexburg, ID 83440
Dr. Larson began his orthopedic surgery practice in Rexburg in 1986. His orthopedic practice includes both surgical and non-surgical treatment of disorders and injuries of the musculoskeletal systems. In addition to treatment of upper and lower extremity injuries, a large portion of his practice is devoted to arthroscopic reconstructive surgery of the shoulder, knee and ankle; which include procedures such as arthroscopic rotator cuff repair, shoulder stabilization and reconstructive work in the knee, such as arthroscopic anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. Another significant area of his orthopedic practice is arthroplasty (total joint) of the hip, knee and shoulder, employing minimally invasive techniques when appropriate.
His training was very strong in hand and upper extremity surgery and his practice includes hand, foot and ankle surgery, as well as surgical treatment to trauma of the musculoskeletal systems, such as fractures, tendon and muscle repair. Some minor procedures are carried out in the office.
- Upper Valley Orthopedics
- BS degree in biophysics from Pacific Union College in Angwin, California
- Medical degree from Loma Linda University in Loma Linda, California in 1980
- Elected into Alpha Omega Alpha, the medical honor society
- Finished his surgical internship at Loma Linda University in Loma Linda, California in 1981.
- Completed his orthopedic residency at the Loma Linda Medical Center in Loma Linda, California in 1986
- Board certified in orthopedic surgery
- A fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, Idaho Medical Associations and the Idaho Orthopedic society
Dr. Michael Larson was raised in Casper, Wyoming. He enjoys the outdoors with particular interests in cross country ski racing, river running, backpacking, horse packing, and bow hunting, and fishing. He particularly enjoys spending time with his family and at his cattle ranch in the mountains north of Dubois, Wyoming and here in Rexburg.