We understand that the ability to pay for care can be a major concern for individuals and families. Madison Memorial Hospital has patient assistance available for individuals who have exhausted all financial options and are still having difficulty paying their medical bills. You may call our business office 208-359-6700, and select option two to speak with a representative who will provide more information. You will be asked to print and complete the patient assistance application found in the link below.
USA.gov offers a list of other resources available to individuals who need help paying for medical care. The following are those resources:
- State Human/Social Service Agencies – offer direct aid and referrals to other organizations.
- Medicaid – provides healthcare for individuals of all ages who cannot afford health insurance.
- Local Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Offices – offer programs designed to help veterans.
- Eldercare Locator – information specialists put you in contact with resources and programs designed to help seniors.
- State Children’s Health Insurance Programs (SCHIP) – help insure children of working families who cannot afford health insurance or get it through work.
- Benefits.gov – allows you to complete a confidential questionnaire and receive a list of programs that may help.
- USA.gov: Benefits Page – provides information on benefits, grants, and financial aid.
- Local Social Security Administration (SSA) Offices – help those on Social Security and Medicare. You may also call the SSA at 1-800-772-1213.
- Disability.gov – provides information and resources for people with disabilities.
- HealthCare.gov – helps you find insurance options, compare care, learn about prevention, and understand the Affordable Care Act.