Community Wellness Weekend
Health Fair- May 1st
Last year’s health fair had over 60 local health service providers that gathered to give participants free items and information to create a healthier community. We are less than 2 weeks away, and we have 54 providers signed up so far. This event will help everyone stay informed about health services that may be necessary for you or your family in our community. When you’re healthy, you can accomplish more with your life. As chronic diseases, obesity, food allergies, autism, and more continuing to rise, let’s put healthy living at the top of our priorities. This event runs from 12 – 6 pm, and free snacks will be given.
Women’s Conference – May 2nd – (Wellness for Women)
We are excited to be hosting the 2nd annual Women’s Conference as your local community hospital. Thank you for all the work each of you did last year to create such an amazing conference. As a result of its success, I believe that we can double attendance this year. However, we will need each of you to help. We currently have 132 registered for the women’s conference. Please get your girlfriends and family to reserve their spot by sending them this link via email, facebook, or text message. http://healthfair.madisonmemorial.org/womens-registration/
Upgrade in Performance Evaluation
I believe most of us know that this year we are doing both the Annual Performance Evaluations and the Competency Checklists electronically in HealthStream. This will be a brand new process for everyone. As with anything new, it may be uncomfortable and different, but it should allow for better feedback to all employees. Here are some of the changes:
- All employees will rate themselves using the same templates that their leaders will use. This will give feedback to leadership on how the employee sees themselves and their abilities. Both the Competencies and Evaluation will need a self-evaluation by all employees.
- Peers may be used to rate both the Competencies and the Evaluations. This allows for feedback from peers on how employees are doing. Hopefully this will be seen as valuable information on how your co-workers see your work. Each of you may be chosen to be a peer reviewer, so please give honest feedback on how you feel your co-workers are doing in their jobs. A peer can submit an incomplete template, so if you don’t know something about a co-worker, leave that answer blank.
- After the employee rating and the peer ratings the leader will do their ratings. Leaders can use the feedback from both the employees and peers in their rating of an employee.
- Next, the employee and their leader sit down and review by computer the Competency and the Evaluation. An electronic signature is done using your User ID and Password for HealthStream, so if you haven’t changed your password to HealthStream yet, please do so. This is confidential information that I am sure you don’t want shared. No longer should the password for HealthStream be the employee number! Comments by both the employee and the leader can be added to the sign off.
- Your assignments for this year’s performance evaluations will appear under the “My Assessments” tab in HealthStream. It is just to the right of the “My Learning” tab. Hopefully everything should be there by April 6th. Your own assignments and any peer assignments will appear there.
- This year we are measuring things that have not been measured well in the past. When the assignments appear, feel free to look at them and see the measures that we will be using.
- HealthStream has a video showing how to do this process. When you open either the Evaluation or the Competency an instruction page appears. Over half way down is a link to the video. This will help everyone understand how to do it. It looks like this – Kim
Biggest Loser Updates
Our IT Director once again is this week’s biggest loser. Congrats! If you have not heard the interview with him, here is your chance to hear it by clicking below. I asked Rhett if it was hard to continue with his efforts in losing weight because of the many responsibilities he has. His response surprised me. He stated that the people that he is around or managing have helped him reach this goal through encouragement. Hats off to the IT team for caring and helping one another!
For all participants in the biggest loser contest, the winners will be announced next week at a party. Keep your eyes open for this coming email.
Tilliya just received her RN
Years of Service for March
New Hires for March:
|Kai||Nutritional Services||Cook I|