Visits from friends and family may help in the healing process. Occasionally, visits can distract from the patient’s health. Please check with a nurse if other arrangements need to be made. Large groups are discouraged—especially in smaller and semi-private rooms. If you desire more privacy, please let your attending nurse know. (Visiting in the Intensive Care Unit is dependent on the patient’s condition and at the discretion of the nurse on-duty. Please see the ICU rules page.)
Food may be brought into the hospital for patient consumption with consent from the patient’s physician. Visitors may take their meals into patient rooms; however, we request that all items discarded (wrappers, leftovers, etc.) be removed from the patient’s room. The Paragon Café is open for use by friends and families. For hours of operation and details about their services, please see the Paragon Café page.
Waiting areas are located in the front lobby, on the second floor just outside the elevator, and on the third floor between the Mother Baby Unit and the Labor and Delivery Unit. The chapel and the ER lobby can also be used as waiting areas. Please check with a nurse regarding more private areas.
Madison Memorial Hospital supplies courtesy phones for your convenience. You can find them at the information desk and in patient rooms. Please follow these instructions in order to place your call.
- Local Calls: Dial 9 + Number
- Long Distance Calls: Dial 9 + 0 + Area Code + Number
- To speak with an ATT operator: Dial 9 + 0
- Toll Free Calls: Dial 9 + 1 + Number
Directions from Idaho Falls Regional Airport
- Head northeast on N Skyline Dr
- Slight left to stay on N Skyline Dr
- Turn left onto Grandview Dr
- Continue onto US-20 E — 25.5 miles
- Take exit 333 for ID-33 E toward Salmon/Rexburg
- Turn right onto ID-33 E/W Main St
- Destination will be at the end of the road — 1.5 miles
Religious care services are available for patients and their families upon request through our non-denominational chaplain. Madison Memorial Hospital has a chapel on the first floor next to the main entrance that can be used for these services.
Visiting the Hospital
- Please do not visit the hospital if you have a fever, cold, or cough.
- Guest are allowed to visit at the patient’s and/or family’s request. We ask the visitors to take into consideration the patient’s needs and keep all visits to a minimum.
- A waiting room and chapel are available for the patient’s friends and family. Please be mindful of others using these areas.
- Latex balloons are not allowed in the hospital because some people are allergic to latex. Mylar balloons are acceptable.
- When bringing any type of gifts to the hospital, contact the care provider to see if it is appropriate to bring to the room. Sometimes, it is better to bring gifts after your loved one has been discharged from the hospital.