Chief Nursing Officer
Madison Memorial Hospital (MMH) is seeking a Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) for its 69-bed, not-for-profit, county owned hospital providing healthcare services to a population of approximately 28,856 in Rexburg, Idaho. The CNO, in conjunction with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Chief Operating Officer (COO) assumes a lead role in facilitating issues related to nursing care within the clinical enterprise, promotes quality and manages health risk within MMH.
This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The CNO works collaboratively with the CEO, Senior Management, and the Governing Board in the development of long and short-range strategic planning and annual operating and capital budget development processes. This position leads and guides MMH in the development and implementation of an overall clinical quality strategy that is consistent with and supportive of the overall mission and quality goals. Coordinating with the CMO and support staff, the CNO will identify, plan, develop implement, and evaluate clinical practice protocols, guidelines and order sets to further patient care goals and outcomes in a timely manner.
MMH Mission: Provide professional and compassionate healthcare to those we serve.
MMH Vision: Be a first class regional healthcare provider that instills pride in the community, medical staff, and employees.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in the State of Idaho, a compact (Multistate) license will be accepted while an Idaho license is being acquired.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing Administration, Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or like field. Applicants committed to obtaining a Master’s degree, who have the requisite experience, may be considered for the position.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive leadership experience in a hospital setting
- Three (3) years of current or recent experience as a hospital executive, preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with diverse populations
- Proven problem solving, critical thinking, and decision making skills
- Ability to transition from team leader to team member without effort
- Competence in management and leadership skills with the ability to implement organizational strategies
Benefits and Compensation:
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- MMH offers a benefits package that includes Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 457(b) Retirement Plan, 401(a) Retirement Plan, Paid Time Off, Sick Leave and much more.
- In confidence, complete the online application (madisonmemorial.org) and email your resume and cover letter to: Abigail.Caldwell@mmhnet.org
- All correspondence should be addressed to: The Chief Nursing Officer Interviewing Committee
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status or sexual orientation.