Health Unit Coordinator III – Surgery Center
Madison Memorial Hospital (MMH) is seeking to hire a skilled Health Unit Coordinator to be the primary contact for patients/patient family and visitors to the Surgery Center. The incumbent must meet the communication needs of the patient/family, departmental staff and medical staff, demonstrate basic computer knowledge, prepare and compile records, initiate direction from physician and nursing staff. The Health Unit Coordinator regularly participates in performance improvement activities, maintains regulatory agency requirements, nursing and hospital policies, procedures and standards.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Previous Medical office experience, preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate written and verbally
- Proven problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to work as a team and individually
- Excellent computer skills including but not limited to Word, Excel, MS Publisher (or Equivalent) and Power Point.
- Proven Integrity, Respect, and Initiative
Temporary – Days (20-25 hrs/ week) for approximately 4 months