Labor & Delivery
The choices are yours. How would you like to deliver your baby?
The best part about our Labor & Delivery unit is that you decide your care program. The staff works closely with you and your physician, or certified nurse midwife, to ensure that your birthing experience meets your personal wishes and provides the optimal health for you and your baby. This means you and your family will have opportunities to bond with your baby as desired – no whisking the baby off to the nursery. This is your special time with your new arrival. For your convenience you may also like to download and complete the pre-registration forms in English or Español and bring it to the Family Maternity Center front desk before your delivery with a valid picture ID and insurance card.
Your birth experience includes:
- A private labor suite with comfortable surroundings and state-of-the-art birthing beds for comfortable labor and birth positions
- Soft lighting and home touch décor
- Your choice of providers including Family Practice, OB GYN, or Certified Nurse Midwives
- You define those present at your delivery and visitors afterward
- Jacuzzi and birthing balls as alternative methods of comfort and positioning
- You choose the level and type of pain relief for your individual needs – including but not limited to – breathing techniques, HypnoBirthing®, and epidural anesthesia
- Caring staff members who are specially trained to care for you and your baby during labor, birth, and recovery
- Optional skin-to-skin bonding with your infant immediately following delivery.
- After your baby is breathing well, we will place him/her skin-to-skin which helps stabilize your baby’s temperature and blood sugar. Skin-to-skin contact also promotes breastfeeding, provides a positive effect on a baby’s brain development, and comforts the baby.
- If complications arise we are prepared to care for your infant in our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
- Wireless internet connections for family communications
If you have further questions about our programs or services, please contact us at (208) 359-6566.